Monday, March 18, 2013

Type-In

A small but enthusiastic group of us gathered at Brekky Creek Hotel just over a week ago.  We each brought our treasures - I only have one now - a vintage Royal I bought in the US.  My uni companion (a bright yellow Tippa that I carried everywhere) is no longer part of my household.  Scott organised the meet, in honour of Robert's visit.  It was so much fun to try the different machines, to learn more and to hear stories.  Scott and Robert were extremely generous with their time and knowledge.  Scott did some surgery on my Royal and Robert donated a ribbon, so now it makes marks on paper.  So cool.  Passersby stopped and had a chat and a few pecks at the keys.  A really lovely way to spend an afternoon.
Scott and my Royal.
A beautiful Hermes 3000.

No comments:

Post a Comment